Home > Biker Foren > Share dating advice and safety tips > Both in one thread Letztes Thema Nächstes Thema
Wechseln zu:
Both in one thread
Autor
Nur gültig
für eingeloggte Mitglieder
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Jul 14, 2006 11:45

Never date your mother.

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Sep 24, 2009 19:42

Quoting Nezram:

Never date your mother.

haha

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Sep 24, 2009 19:42

Quoting Nezram:

Treasure_Treas_T write:
Even more important...never MARRY your mother. I married a man who was a combo of my mother and brother, the two people in the world who could make me go ga-ga in a nano-second. We certainly won't get into the "why" of it. Some things I just don't need to know about myself.

unless you are from
W.VA Hi there.

hi

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Sep 16, 2008 05:00

Helmet foam linings are designed to crush so they dissipate the energy of the crash, the foam doesn't "spring back". That's why they are junk if they take a decent, and I mean decent, whack. Apparently your brain is like a jelly on a stick( spinal cord), inside a tin can. When you hit the road the jelly bounces around inside the can. If it bounces hard enough it gets bruised and don't work good no more.
I found out what this would be like a couple of weeks ago. I am trying to learn to ice skate, and the crap,blunt rental skates I had on went out from under me. I fell straight backwards, no time to protect myself, and hit the back of my head on the ice. That was almost at a stand-still. Hurt like hell, and got a bit of concussion out of it. I don't want to think what it would be like doing the same on the highway. Best to wear a decent lid I reckon.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Jun 12, 2008 10:39

Here's what the motorcycle safety foundation says about helmets. They should never be worn after a crash, in fact if you check most places will tell you that helmets should be replaced if dropped. I go by the adage that if a 3 foot drop hurts em, they wont do me much good at even low speeds. Yeah we hav to wear em here in Missouri to, I find they detract from sound sight and sensation. I noticed while in South Dakota last year without helmets, I was probably 20 mph slower than back home on Interstate with one. I think that 20 mph might do more to save me than that helmet.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Aug 05, 2007 18:06

old skool...you've never dropped the bike at all?? I didnt say crash...i said dropped the bike...hell i ve dropped my first bike 3 time the frist week i had it and never even road it....okay i did have a friend tip me off it one of those three times but seriously...a misstep a bike dropped....and being vertically challenged and having an old intruder well...lets just say i went down and not in a nice way...again the bike wasnt even running at the time...i sure was glad to be wearing my leather jacket at those times...the plan was to go out on each of the three times that the bike went down...but well the old girl is very heavy and can land pretty heavy on a little lady....I downsized to something that i can get myself out from under independantly.

in regard tot he safety of helmets and leathers..
as far as the helmets go...here in NY we have to were helmets its the law and every man in blue will pull you over quicker than ice can melt these days if you havent got one on...but i believe the recommendation is that if the helmet is involved in a CRASH you should gt a new one....one that allows you to see better so maybe you dont crash next time.

and well leather is animal skin...you can either wear that out or your own...i'd rather give the road the animal skin thank you very much..

red

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Aug 05, 2007 05:19

Crashin??????
Leather??????
Helmet???????
Are we ridin on the same planet????
Dragin bikes for 12 yrs now...same set of leathers, same helmet....0 crashes
on the street....0 leather....0 helmet
0 crashes....
try ridin sane and sober

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Aug 05, 2007 00:49

beemerboy1976 write:
I actually had a safety question. I'm wondering about the continuing crashworthiness of leather jackets and gloves after they've been "tested" once. Are leather garments like helmets--throw them away after they've been in one crash, regardless of whether the "look" safe, on the theory that the seams have been stressed, or, if the seams still "look good," would one continue to use them?

hmmm... I think you should get a full set of leathers after EACH crash... let me know and I will dispose of your old ones for you real cheap...

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Jan 18, 2007 11:43

Beemer,
If you have to be concerned about how many times your leathers can withstand roadrash, you need to be more concerned about keeping the rubber on the track. Besides a suit of leather that has taken a few slides on the boulevard make for great stories at the bar.
keep the shinny side up, up I said,
Pking

Nur gültig

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Oct 08, 2006 17:26

I actually had a safety question. I'm wondering about the continuing crashworthiness of leather jackets and gloves after they've been "tested" once. Are leather garments like helmets--throw them away after they've been in one crash, regardless of whether the "look" safe, on the theory that the seams have been stressed, or, if the seams still "look good," would one continue to use them?

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Aug 15, 2006 11:26

Treasure_Treas_T write:
Even more important...never MARRY your mother. I married a man who was a combo of my mother and brother, the two people in the world who could make me go ga-ga in a nano-second. We certainly won't get into the "why" of it. Some things I just don't need to know about myself.

lean forward a little more.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Jul 25, 2006 09:44

Treasure_Treas_T write:

unless you are from
W.VA Hi there.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Jul 22, 2006 16:18