Home > Biker Foren > Riding Sober > Comments on Billy Lane's Arrest Letztes Thema Nächstes Thema
Wechseln zu:
Comments on Billy Lane's Arrest
Autor
Nur gültig
für eingeloggte Mitglieder
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Sep 27, 2006 07:43

Being from the central Florida area, I've had the pleasure of meeting Billy on a few occasions both at the shop and at biker events.

I wonder how others feel about this tragedy? I find it sad to see somebody at a pinnacle of his life, go down in such a manner-- especially in the public eye.

This is certainly an awakening message for those of us who may attend events where alcohol is promoted to be aware just how precious our freedom really is. How often do we take it for granted?

As I've often said, either YOU control it, or IT will control you--no matter what "it" may be. The choice is ours.

We all should be accountable for our own actions, and the consequences thereof. Put quite simply, watch your own back.

It often hits us like a ton of bricks, that our lives can be changed in a matter of seconds, at any given time. Only by then, it's usually too late.

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Nov 01, 2006 21:12

I remember a time when I was not able to learn from my mistakes. I think I passed it off as this is the way it is. My addiction had such a hold on me and my precept ion of the world around me. That was over 33 years ago. I don't remember having friends around me saying "Spyder, you got to change!". I wonder if it would have made a difference? My addiction could care less if I'm doing well or not. This is what I thought about when I heard what happened to Billy. I hope this is his spiritual awakening, that is what it took for me.
Spyder

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Oct 19, 2006 17:28

4 years 6 months clean. When I was in active addiction I really didn't have a choice. It is a sad situation and I feel badly for Billy Lane. Let hope he can make this a positive experience in his life.

Nur gültig