Home > Biker Foren > Entertainment and Hobbies > What is YOUR definition of - "old skool" Letztes Thema Nächstes Thema
Wechseln zu:
What is YOUR definition of - "old skool"
Autor
Nur gültig
für eingeloggte Mitglieder
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Jan 28, 2005 03:56

Been seeing this alot...Seems like it means different things to different people...I'm wondering....

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Sep 09, 2006 06:48

AMEN TO TO YOUR DEFINITION TO "OLD SKOOL" Just because u ride a Harley damn sure don't make u my brother either! Plus hon if u r anything like me, I liked it a whole lot better when the average Joe was afraid of us!!! lol lol Love the pic of your ride. Old pans,knuckles,ect. that's old skool.

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Jul 14, 2006 12:19

This is old school to me... my grandpa on a bike:

Nur gültig

Cut
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Jun 28, 2006 10:04

Can A Muslim Become A Good American Citizen

Can a good Muslim be a good American?
I sent that question to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years.

The following is his reply:

Theologically - no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of Arabia.

Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah except Islam (Koran, 2:256)

Scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).

Geographically - no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in prayer five times a day.

Socially - no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.

Politically - no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and Destruction of America, the great Satan.

Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).

Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.

Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

Spiritually - no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent names.

Therefore after much study and deliberation.... perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be both "good" Muslims and good Americans.

Call it what you wish.... it's still the truth.

If you find yourself intellectually in agreement with the above statements, perhaps you will share this with your friends. The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future.

Pass it on Fellow Americans. The religious war is bigger than we know or understand.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Apr 27, 2006 15:15

Old School....HMMMMMMMMMMM....... to tell you the truth I fukin' hate that term.......either your a biker (old school or not )or your not. REMEMBER $20,000 or 20,000 miles will NEVER make you a biker........its bred into you.. so sorry if I pissed you RUBS off ( Real Useless Bikers)with your SWANK softails (Softail With Abundance of Needless Krap )but my first ride was a 1941 knucklehead thats when we really rode. but OK I have succombed to comfort....now I ride for the pleasure & not to profile

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Apr 26, 2006 06:35

Better than a meaningless story of a thousand words
is a single word of deep meaning
which,when heard, produces peace.

Four more Canadian soldiers were killed in Afganistan this week --

Peace and respect that is old school

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Apr 26, 2006 06:11

old school is living with your bike for the winter-- It is all in pieces - and the only way to your bed is over the bike parts--
Old school is when the cops think your so bad they have one ride with you trying to reform you in your ways and the laugh is he becomes one of you -
Old school is the jeans you wore all summer and the leather with a little road rash
Old school is the chicks on a Saturday nite wearing their tite jeans and the name of their man on their leathers

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Jan 03, 2006 20:25

this is 2006 old school

Nur gültig

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Jan 03, 2006 20:23

this is old school

Nur gültig

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Dec 21, 2005 20:04

Whoa...this is really hurting everyone. Please, oh please, stop hurting us.

You are really showing us who's boss.

You win, you win.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Dec 21, 2005 09:30

Poor pathetic silly little lost girl! I forgive you!

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Dec 20, 2005 15:05

Hmmmm...Old school. This spring will be 31 years ridin HD. I'm not old school.
Old school was when the boys pulled up outside to go ridin and the destination was da Bronx..why? Half of 'em didn't have registrations or a license and the other half didn't have a bike that was legal anyway! The cops didn't bother you down there. Old school is Pans and Shovels you wrenched yourself because you could and you had to, nobody had money. Old school is worn leather and denim grease soaked from ridin and wrenchin not bought on plastic to look that way.
Most of you touched on this definition one way or another already just thought I'd add to it.
And last but not least my personal definition of old school.
"It's a bad thing gone good"
nuff said

Nur gültig

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Dec 07, 2005 18:07

Old Skool is a way for people who buy a 50,000 dollar chopper and wear a ripped pair of jeans and a sand blasted leather jacket ( to make it look old ) see them selfs as being a biker with what they see as a biker attitude . But if you know with a book of matches or a dime a plug wrench and a screwdriver you can gap your plugs and points and you or the people you stopped to help can get home . People will call you old skool but to most of us who grew up in the 50's or 60's its just normal .

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Aug 27, 2005 22:00

Old School=Old Timers, thats the way I see it.
Old School still has his old B-17 Pilots Jacket.
Old School still rides a Flat Head 74
Old School still smokes NonFiltered Raliegh's
Old School still Camps with his ridin Buddies
Old School never trailered his bike to a rallye or Bike Week
Old School wrenches on his bike
Old School will still be riding till they pry his cold blue fingers from his bike long after he has died.
Now that is Old School.
Peace

SLB

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Aug 23, 2005 07:56

Bigbear2000 write:
To me "Old School" is the person who keeps their word. If they say they'll do it, be there or whatever; you can bank on it.
The Old school is the dude that you don't know, who stops to help you when you are broke down on some highway, even if you are riding Harley and he's ridin jap.
Old school is that trucker in Alaska that sacrificed his truck and his life,
by taking to the ditch when grandpa in a motorhome pulled out in front of him.
Old school gives all the respect due everyone, but also demands that same respect in return.
Old school stands for what he/she believes in and if that is not the 'popular' opinion, doesn't care.
Old School is the little grunt that drops beside the trail to give covering fire, when Victor Charlie is pounding at your heels.
Old School is that young lady who screams in protest about a "wrong war" at the US Government, but then hands a flower to a disabled Vet.
Old school may be called scooter trash, derelict or may be even someone you admire, but whatever they are called, they walk proud.

I agree with ya here..Im old school myself, was raised a certain way..ect ect..

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Aug 21, 2005 21:36

O = Our
L = Limping (the right leg of course)
D = Dads

S = Sore from
K = Kicking
O = Over
O = Ole'
L = Lovable Scooters

Heh, when I hear that term, a vision of Panheads on ridgid frames with 30" Apes w/chick-stick to match, upswept fist-tail pipes, and a flame-job in heavy metal flake. You know -- OLD SCHOOL.

- Knots

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Aug 18, 2005 12:18

Whenever I hear the phrase "Old School"
I think of all the great Old School hardcore punk bands. Like, Minor Threat, Dead Kennedys, the Misfits, D.O.A., Circle Jerks...etc
I've seen D.O.A. a couple times!!! And Joe Kiethley still puts on an awesome show 25 years after D.O.A. started in his parents basement in burnaby, (not too far from my house).

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Aug 17, 2005 21:28

To me "Old School" is the person who keeps their word. If they say they'll do it, be there or whatever; you can bank on it.
The Old school is the dude that you don't know, who stops to help you when you are broke down on some highway, even if you are riding Harley and he's ridin jap.
Old school is that trucker in Alaska that sacrificed his truck and his life,
by taking to the ditch when grandpa in a motorhome pulled out in front of him.
Old school gives all the respect due everyone, but also demands that same respect in return.
Old school stands for what he/she believes in and if that is not the 'popular' opinion, doesn't care.
Old School is the little grunt that drops beside the trail to give covering fire, when Victor Charlie is pounding at your heels.
Old School is that young lady who screams in protest about a "wrong war" at the US Government, but then hands a flower to a disabled Vet.
Old school may be called scooter trash, derelict or may be even someone you admire, but whatever they are called, they walk proud.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Aug 17, 2005 15:11

Character is doing what's right when no one is watching.....

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Jun 28, 2005 23:54

I went to find some coffee and when I got back he was awake and had that same enormous smile on his face like he had just spent the night in a palace. As luck would have it, I wound up having the priveledge of riding beside him in the poker run and we stopped for a smoke and more conversation at each card stop. After watching him kick his bike over a dozen times at the first stop, I enquired about the suicide shift on his bike and asked why he was still riding such old equipment when the newer stuff was so much more 'user friendly'. His only reply was, 'no need, this one still works perfect'. After the poker run, I guess because of my curiosity about his bike, he was soon giving me a brief lesson on how to ride a suicide shift with a foot clutch and he told me to take it for a spin. Well my total time in the saddle lasted about 15 feet, where I stalled it and almost dropped it on my leg, at which point I set the bike on it's side stand and looked back to see him laughing to kill himself. His comment was 'the new stuff just don't have no personality like that one'. Well I have a whole new respect for those who clutch with their foot, and I believe a vivid picture in my head of what 'OLD SCHOOL' looks like.

R the F on Ya'll!!