Home > Biker Foren > Biker Articles > WHAT DOES BEING A BIKER MEAN TO YOU? Letztes Thema Nächstes Thema
Wechseln zu:
WHAT DOES BEING A BIKER MEAN TO YOU?
Nur gültig
für eingeloggte Mitglieder
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Jul 19, 2011 04:00

it means i have the freedom and once you start to ride motorcycles in gets in your blood for life.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Nov 26, 2009 13:30

why of life

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Dec 31, 2008 22:17

soooo cool minx. i like your answer

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, May 09, 2006 03:37

hey dd ,you seem to get people started on topics ,,so heres my 2 cents worth a lot more to some ... being a biker is not 15000 and 15 miles ,, every weekend or even the road trip on vacation ,it is a lifestyle when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous and like sweetpea said ,not for everyone ,so to all you people who ride ,i tip my hat .. enjoy ,but too the true bikers out there I say ,,look what the f,,,, we started ,,,I am one of the people who kept harley in business during the amf years ..when the only thing dealers sold were scoots ,t shirts and parts ,, and no I dont have a matching helmet or a pair of chaps cause its cold ... or a push button starter .or a microphone ,or a windshield ,.try kicking everyday see how much of a biker u are then ....I am also one of the ones sweet pea warned u about i guess ,just got old ...lmao ....

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, May 08, 2006 18:28

I ride because it's fun. If it's not enjoyable, what's the point? Go to work every day, have other interests, play music, etc. When you think about it, we're all different, we have different lives, but we all enjoy riding our bikes. That's what makes it so great when we're riding down the highway, we pass a biker going the other way, and we take our left hand off the grip and lower it, in a salute to that person we don't know, but have something in common with - the love of the highway, on the bike.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Dec 22, 2005 21:26

I have avoided this topic cause i aint
a biker I is a motorcylcist. I love em
all! Next time ya meet a rub or a winger
or forbid a beemer (hell Even Beemers
dont wave)One might get it and help the
next one to ( get it).

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Dec 12, 2005 09:23

you have new pics in your profile MMMMMMMM me likes! Chicken Soup silly.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Dec 11, 2005 21:17

Nice profile ya got there and Im a succker for a chopper ya know??

We have chicken soup in Cali for when you get here!! lol

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Dec 11, 2005 20:59

sweetpeasoup write:

stillme67 write:
to be honest, being a "biker" really doesn't mean squat to me. yes i love to ride and i think it's fair to say that i am obsessed with motorcycles of all types. but the label of being a biker no more defines me than the label on my underwear.

RIGHT ON DUDE!!! I am many things to many people...and I wil continue to grow and change with every breath I take.

Good Lord this sweetpea makes me want to ride cross country in the winter.Biker or not I'm a Man. lol

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Dec 11, 2005 19:50

stillme67 write:
to be honest, being a "biker" really doesn't mean squat to me. yes i love to ride and i think it's fair to say that i am obsessed with motorcycles of all types. but the label of being a biker no more defines me than the label on my underwear.

RIGHT ON DUDE!!! I am many things to many people...and I wil continue to grow and change with every breath I take.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Dec 11, 2005 19:19

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Dec 11, 2005 14:46

doubled81 write:
thanks sweetpee, your post are always an inspiration to me , i also try to inspire the younger people out there, before they see or go thru the things i went thru as a young man growing up, and that the people that you hang or ride with can have a good or bad effect on thier lives, i am know a christian man ,and when i use the words brother or sister its not because i ride or they do, its is because you are all my brothers and sisters in christ,and i am yours , and i hope that the life i lived and the lessons i learned and the life that i live today, has gave me the strength and wisdom that i need the move on to next thing i feel i need to do with my life, becomeing a pastor or minister thats rides a motorcycle, i feel thats what my calling is at this time,and i hope i can make a difference in peoples lives, or help children from being abused or neglected, or help a marriage stay together,or maybe help a parent that has lost there way,or get off drugs or alcohol and get back on track in life ,i have learned in life that people dont have a zipper on thier chest, and you cant give some one a heart, or honor in there lives, but you can be compass to some that do want to live a better life, or put the lord in it ,DD81...<><

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Dec 11, 2005 11:33

sweetpeasoup write:
DoubleD,

We are close to the same age and probably had many of the same experiences. I grew up off and on in the desert as well. 80 miles north of Reno NV. Very rural, we rode dirt bikes,three wheelers and quads. We really had nothing else to do out there. When I was 13 I had my first boyfriend who was 16 and he had a Yamaha 400. He left it with me most of the time so I could get back and forth to see him. I rode that bike everywhere and I had no license not even for a car. My dad, uncles, cousins etc. all had Harleys. When I got older and started exploring the party scene. I met some bike clubs that were not so nice. Not all bikers are the same. I think its important to make that clear for the less seasoned bike enthusiasts who are attracted to the lifestyle and looking to make new friends.

I wound up in places that I should never have been and saw things that no young girl should be exposed to. Somehow I always slipped out of danger but that was not the case for many people and I witnessed more than I care to admit. Looking back I think I was lucky in part because I had enough background with good bikers that I could smell bad news. Many girls my age who just wanted to party had no clue, and would walk right into harms way giggling all the while. This was in the late 70's and early 80's when many bike clubs were in the news and not for a Toy Run or Benefit Ride.

I see so many young women getting into the biker scene and truly thinking that they are all great guys and its a good
natured party wherever their are bikers. I feel a responsibility to warn them though. NOT ALL BIKERS ARE THE SAME!!

Most independant bikers and even most clubs are decent folks who love god, family and freedom. But there are a selct group of bikers that are out looking to exploit the naive and truly harm them.

My suggestion is that you get to know some in your area and ask alot of questions. If you get invited to a party or a run by someone you do not know. Ask others about that group first. Just like any other situation in your life know the people and what they are about before you trust them.

So many new biker enthusiasts who are so eager to be part of a group that they do not always realize who they are riding next to. Some bike clubs see these people comin and are waitin to greet them in a not so genuine manner.

For the young guys out there who just got a new bike and clubs are lookin good to you?? Make sure you pay close attention to how thay are treatin the prospects and the prospects wives. Its important and very easy to spot if you are looking for it. Pay attention to how the Independant bikers feel about the clubs you are interested in too. There are reasons that the old school bikers steer clear of some. Ask them!! Most are not afraid to tell you.

No matter what you ride? Like any new activity or sport, there are things you need to know and educating yourself is always key to a good experience.

Just needed to get that out there.
Ride safe and be careful who you call brother or sister!!!

Good(and for some, needed) advice very well spoken.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Dec 10, 2005 13:30

DoubleD,

We are close to the same age and probably had many of the same experiences. I grew up off and on in the desert as well. 80 miles north of Reno NV. Very rural, we rode dirt bikes,three wheelers and quads. We really had nothing else to do out there. When I was 13 I had my first boyfriend who was 16 and he had a Yamaha 400. He left it with me most of the time so I could get back and forth to see him. I rode that bike everywhere and I had no license not even for a car. My dad, uncles, cousins etc. all had Harleys. When I got older and started exploring the party scene. I met some bike clubs that were not so nice. Not all bikers are the same. I think its important to make that clear for the less seasoned bike enthusiasts who are attracted to the lifestyle and looking to make new friends.

I wound up in places that I should never have been and saw things that no young girl should be exposed to. Somehow I always slipped out of danger but that was not the case for many people and I witnessed more than I care to admit. Looking back I think I was lucky in part because I had enough background with good bikers that I could smell bad news. Many girls my age who just wanted to party had no clue, and would walk right into harms way giggling all the while. This was in the late 70's and early 80's when many bike clubs were in the news and not for a Toy Run or Benefit Ride.

I see so many young women getting into the biker scene and truly thinking that they are all great guys and its a good
natured party wherever their are bikers. I feel a responsibility to warn them though. NOT ALL BIKERS ARE THE SAME!!

Most independant bikers and even most clubs are decent folks who love god, family and freedom. But there are a selct group of bikers that are out looking to exploit the naive and truly harm them.

My suggestion is that you get to know some in your area and ask alot of questions. If you get invited to a party or a run by someone you do not know. Ask others about that group first. Just like any other situation in your life know the people and what they are about before you trust them.

So many new biker enthusiasts who are so eager to be part of a group that they do not always realize who they are riding next to. Some bike clubs see these people comin and are waitin to greet them in a not so genuine manner.

For the young guys out there who just got a new bike and clubs are lookin good to you?? Make sure you pay close attention to how thay are treatin the prospects and the prospects wives. Its important and very easy to spot if you are looking for it. Pay attention to how the Independant bikers feel about the clubs you are interested in too. There are reasons that the old school bikers steer clear of some. Ask them!! Most are not afraid to tell you.

No matter what you ride? Like any new activity or sport, there are things you need to know and educating yourself is always key to a good experience.

Just needed to get that out there.
Ride safe and be careful who you call brother or sister!!!

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Dec 09, 2005 18:51

mspyder write:
There is as many answers as there are folks who ride, but I can tell you being one sure turns on my inner child. LOL
Spyder

it's fun letting that little boy out isn't it????? because i know that the little girl in me loves that wind

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Dec 09, 2005 14:55

There is as many answers as there are folks who ride, but I can tell you being one sure turns on my inner child. LOL
Spyder

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Dec 09, 2005 09:16

Everyone ride safe and may God always be on your ride!!

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Dec 09, 2005 09:14

To me being a biker means alot, The love of the road, the wind in my hair and a very big Family!! I've been riding all my life and I feel at home no matter where I go where there are bikers getting together even if I don't know anyone,They always make you feel like family. THANKS to all of you !

Nur gültig

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Dec 09, 2005 05:28

Guess you are all right. Shame people, even in the UK are still ready to label bikers as trouble.
Cant wait for the summer, leathers on, jump on my fazer 600, hit the starter (softly) and look for some freedom. love it and always will.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Dec 01, 2005 17:24

being a biker to me is my expression. I'm doing what I feel.And like music, I feel it inside. I can't ignore it. I HAVE to ride, and I don't give a d_mned who likes it or not.When I ride it's MY dance,MY expression.
Kudo's to you for knowing your machine so well-I want to know more about the workings of mine too, and will,...in time.