Home > Biker Foren > Sports and travel > Iron Butt Rides.......1000km (600 miles) in 24 hours Letztes Thema Nächstes Thema
Wechseln zu:
Iron Butt Rides.......1000km (600 miles) in 24 hours
Nur gültig
für eingeloggte Mitglieder
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Jan 28, 2005 13:08

As part of a volenteer team while I was in the army I did march with combat equipment minus weapon and ammo 100 miles in 4 days this was in holland I loved it almost lost my pinki toe others had other varrious "injurries" we grew closer together than in all of the training before that. I ride 300 miles a week just going to work my first long ride was 12 hours continiously those I was riding with were hurtin by hour 6, but they only ride on weekends, if your doin 600 miles in 24 hours it sounds like it would be a piece of cake for a daily rider but if your time in the saddle is limited you may take a test run. the way i see it if you ride 300 miles in daylight you got lots of time for breaks and a good nights rest. I'm intrested if it was closer. If anyone knows of any Iron Butt rides near central Arkansas let me Know. Just give me a reason to ride!!!!!!

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Feb 15, 2006 15:28

Me and my Ex ol lady did the whole of Britain pretty much top to bottom and back to get our Iron Butts.
Did it on a 2003 Triumph Bonnie it
took about 16 hours with a 20 min break every hour and a half. Easy if you plan it right, even if you did it in the rain like we did.
You've only really got to average about 65mph even in our built up country it wasn't difficult. Go for it!

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Nov 21, 2005 17:35

I can't brag about doing anything except enjoying the he ck out of riding and traveling.
The stops at the small town diners and the picture opportunities at the scenic overlooks are made for a stop, a leg stretch, takin' care of business and whatever else you feel like doing.
Iron But t guys are doing something that I don't want to do. That's why we all don't have the same job, the same appetite, the same scooter or the same taste in women.

I'm cheating though, I don't have to work for wages anymore, (disabled Veteran), and I got plenty of time. I DO understand the need to get from point A to point B in a hurry, I just don't have to do it anymore.

Hey Brothers, keep the rubber side down.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Oct 26, 2005 04:18

Did Sturgis this year...1952 miles from Falmouth, Ma to Hill City SD. 3 days on my 2004 superglyde... by bro rode his 2003 vrod and had....ah...walking issues every day... I'll take that vtwin anyday... and we may have done over 75 once or twice
Did Sturgis this year...1952 miles from Falmouth, Ma to Hill City SD. 3 days on my 2004 superglyde... by bro rode his 2003 vrod and had....ah...walking issues every day... I'll take that vtwin anyday... and we may have done over 75 once or twice

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, May 27, 2005 14:52

I did a documented SS1000 and BB1500 a couple years ago on my little SV650 and I have ridden 1100-1200 miles on the SV in 24-26 hours a couple times since.

I listened to a few long distance experts before I attempted the SS1000,
I times my ride so that my nite riding was in the beginning of the ride when I was fresh, and on roads close to home that I was familiar with, I left NH at 1:00 am, west thru VT, albany, NY to Binghamton, then south to columbia, SC, I did it in 18? hours 9 gas stops, 2 eat stops, never went over 75 mph

stock seat, most important thing was wearing bicycle shorts for underwear

700 miles was in rain

I arrived in Columbia just as it was getting dark.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, May 12, 2005 19:16

scubohuntr write:
Ken- I just put a Mustang wide solo (with backrest) on mine, and I don't know how I ever rode without it. Absolutely no comparison.

I have a Mustang myself.

Best money I ever spent on an accessory!

Fer real.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, May 12, 2005 15:09

I ran a Iron Butt Saddle Sore 1000 several years ago. 1114 miles in 24 hrs. Last summer I did the Master Traveler Park tour, which was really neat. Hit 65 parks in 28 states in 30 days. Ran 9,740 miles in 30 days doing it. They have some hard core runs also. After going over 1000 in 1 day gets you really saddle-broke. Puts a lot of places within your riding range thou. Sick

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, May 07, 2005 23:33

Just got a new spiffy digital camera, and took some shots of the Mustang seat. As soon as they get past Herr Goebbels at the Propoganda Ministry, they'll be on my profile.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, May 04, 2005 23:00

Ken- I just put a Mustang wide solo (with backrest) on mine, and I don't know how I ever rode without it. Absolutely no comparison.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Apr 20, 2005 16:55

Kilometers!? We don't need no stinkin' Kilometers!
I've done 1000 miles in 24 hrs a few times. I tell myself every time that I'm due for a touring seat; will be getting one for sure before Sturgis this summer.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Apr 13, 2005 08:33

Don't know about iron but clenched butt...now been there a time or two. Outback Oz had these really anoying things called CAMELS and WILD HORSES and FREE RANGE CATTLE. When you do a run from Alice Sprigs to Ayres rock or Adelaide you need to think not only of the miles of fixed tarmac but the several time when the above mentioned aminals would like you to kiss the tarmac.*lol*

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Apr 12, 2005 22:31

did you know that you cant say but with 2 tees i guess two tees is dirty. What about as can you do 2 s'es? No only one s in your as here.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Apr 12, 2005 22:27

yea think he ment 1000 in 24hrs that is the min for a iron but. they have some real unbelievable rides that are crazy. check out the IBA website.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Apr 12, 2005 12:48

600 miles is a piece of cake. We have an annual 1000 in 24 hours run here in Colorado, no problems finishing it. I've done Colorado Springs to Seattle through Utah and back via Montana in a total of 5 days on the bike. Did Mile marker 33 in Montana to Sheridan Wyoming in one day. Sheridan to Colorado Springs the next. Trips to Albuquerque, and other points. All you need is a good seat, a solid bike, decent rest and awareness of what is happening around and to you.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Apr 11, 2005 23:09

I know some iron butters and it is very doable I ran from Laconia NH to the middle of VA 700+ miles in 12 hrs. but you wont get to stop at any titie bars along the way

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Mar 17, 2005 08:58

The ride to Sturgis from here is 2200 miles, did that in four days, and was sore after two. Next time I'll take my time and enjoy the scenery more, after all it's not the destination, it's the journey that counts!

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Mar 17, 2005 01:01

My travelling to work takes me just short of 400 miles a day 6 days a week. I'm not a courier. What does this qualify me for!?

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Feb 21, 2005 21:16

1000 mi. in 24hrs sounds doable. Used to see a woman in Lincoln, NE and that's about 500mi. from here and I could get there in 7hrs., maybe 6 if I'm really moving. So add a few more gas stops, grab a nap and head home or keep going.......hell yeah, definately doable. And the guidlines and rules seem to be a pain in the butt but anything worth doing is worth doing right.
Let's see now.......where to go?

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Feb 12, 2005 15:34

Well all
I looked into the IBA web sight .....not my idea of a fun ride I'm obviously to laid back to want to do anything allong their guidelines. I would be too involved in checking out the local scenerey and eateries allong the way and would never qualify. So if there any Marshmellow butt rides out there let me know.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Feb 10, 2005 23:26

On my first long ride I left Seattle at 5 P.M., made it all the way across WA & OR and somewhere into ID before calling it quits.

By 11 P.M. and 30 hours after I left Seattle, I was a hundred miles from Denver. Pulled out my sleeping and let it fluff up on a picnic table in the shelter while I made a phone call to a friend to let her know I was OK.

Made it way down into SE AR in two and a half days. Listened to my body; when it said it was time for a nap I took a nap. Nibbled on fruit and trail mix the entire trip.