Home > Biker Foren > help me feed this motorcylce bug that has me by the throat !!!! > Whats your favorite ride? Letztes Thema Nächstes Thema
Wechseln zu:
Whats your favorite ride?
Autor
Nur gültig
für eingeloggte Mitglieder
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Nov 20, 2005 05:20

If your on this site, you either have a bike or are interested in bikes. Even if your lookin' for a soul mate, you must want that person to either like bikes, or like your scooter.
So, the topic is: What is your favorite ride? Was it a once in a lifetime trip? Was it a place you return to often? Was it an experience that was made by who you were with and/or the motorcycle ride?
I'll see if this thread gets going, then I'll tell you about one of my favorite rides.

Oh, and if it's a fantasy ride, here's a place to talk about that, too. Maybe it's someplace you intend to go someday or with someone.

So, spill yer guts.

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Apr 26, 2006 10:26

My favorite ride? That is easy.. Talltat2/Axel

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Feb 12, 2006 07:23

Congrats on the new scooter! I know what you mean! I LOVE MY BIKE too!! I've only been able to put about 400 miles on my new FatBoy since Christmas but the weather will get better soon!!
I can not believe what a big difference there is between it and my 750 Honda Spirit, which I thought was a wonderful bike and thoroughly enjoyed. The Harley is better balanced, smoother, easier to handle in most cases - SWEET RIDE! I did have to have it lowered quite a bit as I am not big gal. Lowering makes it seem longer - it gets a lot of attention. Now I just need to start adding chrome - lol !

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Feb 09, 2006 20:48

Favorite ride?
That would be the next ride.
Can't help but think this ride will include a step into the past.'Bout ready to throw a leg over and head up into the Malibu Alps on a 34 year old Honda.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Dec 21, 2005 13:57

Too Funny, Norty! When you let people in on your fantasies... they can actually come true LOL.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Dec 20, 2005 23:48

Too many favorites to mention... Got some memorable ones for sure - like the trip back from New Orleans to Central FL on the back of a Nighttrain - OUCH! Or sniffing pine thorough the Ocala forrest & then getting the snezzes that wouldn't stop... But like the rest of you - the next ride is always the best.

My favorite rides have always been with someone I was dating & the ending ride later when we got home has always been the icing on the cake.

Not to be morbid or anything, but the last ride will have to be it as far as favorites. If I can go in my sleep, make it fast & painless the way I love to live. To quote an old boyfriend, "Fast & reckless, all the way!"

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Dec 20, 2005 11:45

Ok...its the 20th and Im gonna hijack this thread and i will do it everywhere I go until you all get off yer arsses and go to Merry Christmas to our Solidiers!!! I'm not letting that thread die our boys are reading it and ya'll are piassin me off!! They deserve pics and anything that will make them smile all year long but at the very least until Christmas!!!! Im gonna start stalkin the threads if I have ta!!

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Dec 19, 2005 06:54

Yeees frozen fingers indeed, on my way to Tucson :) Ready to ride? Maybe you can help me thaw out?

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Dec 18, 2005 13:44

All these rides sound like so much fun. Switzerland to Spain. Dyna's, etc... Cannot remember them all. Sure would love to do more.

Calif beaches, riding weather here I come!

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Dec 18, 2005 13:17

Somethings aren't easy to choose...like "favorite ride".
I've done a bit of travelling, from New Orleans to Guatemala, and New Orleans to Milwaukee, and over to Sturgis...but I think my mos' favorite was one I made when I was 20.
I bought a 1949 Ariel 600 single in London for $150, due to no parts or mechanics around; the bike was 1 year older than me, and had a few collector's club stickers on it and 89 miles on the speedo. Size of a Harley, minus 1 cylinder, with a seperate gearbox and spark advance on the bars.
I rode to Amsterdam and saw the first snow in my Texas boy life, and learned how to really kick over a bike in cold weather without breaking any bones.
Then, I rode it , mostly without a working headlight (Lucas electronics) and at the end of the worst winter in 42 years, south to Spain. Did I mention I had a lot of old jackets and jeans to keep me warm enough to live through the ride?
I made it (how?) to Spain, crossed over the Gibralter Straits to Morrocco,and rode to Tangiers where I met a biker dude (from California, liked choppers) who bought it from me for $85 and a backpack. I continued my journey using public transport (donkey carts and trains), and met someone a year later in Israel who rode on the back of that bike,many miles, and gave me my only photo of that awesome bike.
THAT was my favorite ride.

Nur gültig

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Dec 15, 2005 21:28

That's just too freakin' funny, Mikee. I've lived in Nebraska and Chicago. BRRRRISH! Been back in Calif. about 10 years now. It's like livin'again, not that cooped up feeling you can get back there over the long winters. I am sooo not into outdoor winter sports lol. It's been pretty cold here lately but, there's no ice fishing around and peeps are still ridin'.

Hey, when it gets that bad, maybe it's time to go visit some of your BK friends in the southern and western states lol Stay Warm!

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Dec 14, 2005 19:35

Mikee482003 write:
All I got to say is.......

lMFAO....thank you ...amen mike!!!

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Dec 14, 2005 19:34

Mikee482003 write:

You have cold fingers???

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Dec 14, 2005 17:10

Nur gültig

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Dec 14, 2005 14:49

I like the poker runs always giving something back to somebody know needs it.we are all a brotherhood and we help each other. it makes them happy and make me elated.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Dec 14, 2005 10:26

my favorite ride is the 1/4 mile. i love everything about it. the smell of tire smoke and burnt race fuel. the heat and sweating in my leathers while waiting to make my pass. the screams of the motors on the bikes that are running down the lanes or lighting up the tires, doing their burnouts to heat the tires up and gettin' 'em sticky. and then the best part! my time to roll up and smoke my tire and gear up for the run. choose your groove and line up. all of sudden the heat disappears, the people disappear, the noise disappears, you are in the eye of the hurricane of activity going on around you. all you see is a light tree and a finish line. all you hear is your heart thumping in your ears. the lights fall and the clutch engages but you only roll in slow motion. 9 seconds that seem like 90. 90 seconds of peace wrapped up in 9 seconds of chaos. and bam, the finish line, everything snaps back. the noise, the smell, the heat, the sound of the bikes decelerating. i swear i don't even know if i breathe in those nine seconds. and my palms are sweaty and heart is thumping just writing about it.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Dec 09, 2005 18:30

I am newbie here but I found my favorite ride this summer went on a poker run from Falmouth,Ky on 22 to Brooksville then Augusta Ky and across the Ohio river on ferry boat the first time was on a poker run we had 40 bikes on the ferry then we went to Snappers in Ripley very nice place the ride went on back to Falmouth I made the ride to Ripley several times before it turned cold and wil lbe back next summer was great run

Nur gültig

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Dec 06, 2005 09:48

Save a horse, ride a what? lol That would be a great ride. Yeah, my dad ended up buying two of his cop bikes then when he was done with 'em would sell them off to this guy who chopped 'em. The guy would come show us when he was done too which was awesome to see the transformation. He'd come riding up on this beautiful work of art, all smiles. What can I say, I just love all kinds of motorcycles!!! And, a fantasy ride can begin on any one of 'em. :)

Luv2Ride99

Ride with me a little...on the Wild side. (We're sure to have some fun!)

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Dec 05, 2005 22:51

Luv2Ride99 write:
Too funny, harley1, now we just gotta get a couple of riders to take us on that fantasy ride. oh yeah, that's why we're here, lol. And, gee, somebody I met recently through BK just reminded me that there are quite a few natural hot springs around here too. Soooo, maybe I'll get that ride yet.

Luv2Ride99

Ride with me a little... on the wild side (We're sure to have some fun!)

For the very first time I think I would like to take that ride on an Indian!! LOL!
My father had an old 69' police Harley that I used too love to get on as well in the garage...sounds like we have more than 1 thing in common...

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Dec 05, 2005 22:44

Too funny, harley1, now we just gotta get a couple of riders to take us on that fantasy ride. oh yeah, that's why we're here, lol. And, gee, somebody I met recently through BK just reminded me that there are quite a few natural hot springs around here too. Soooo, maybe I'll get that ride yet.

Luv2Ride99

Ride with me a little... on the wild side (We're sure to have some fun!)